At MIA Global CPA, we understand that income and estate tax planning services are based on a close and trusted relationship between client and advisor. Our staff works closely with the client’s home-country professionals to develop integrated plans that accomplish their global goals and objectives. Members of the MIA Global team are committed to assisting clients navigate the complex areas of multi-national tax planning and compliance.
We are committed to being a global resource for our clients. We invest in specialized training focused on international accounting and tax matters, and we participate in a variety of internationally minded organizations so that we can help facilitate introductions and provide other resources for our clients.
Our individual international tax services include:
- Income Tax Returns for nonresidents with US investments (Rental Properties, LLC interests)
- Tax planning for new or prospective US residents, including Teachers, Students, Diplomats, Athletes, Artists, and Entertainers
- Advice for Dual-Citizens/Nationals who may be out of compliance with US taxes
- Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) submissions
- Streamlined Filing Compliance
- Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act (FIRPTA) withholding
- Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR) FinCEN Form 114 compliance
- Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC) compliance
- Pre-immigration planning
- Expatriation and exit tax planning
- Investment structuring
- Central Withholding Agreements